Friday 2 August 2013

A bit of how's your father...

Congratulations night club tycoon Peter Stringfellow - a dad again at the age of 72.
 
Kids are the very best thing to have in life, no doubt about it. I also subscribe to the view that by and large you can't get enough of a good thing.
 
But I'm not inclined to have more now - and I'm 20 years younger than the colourful son of Sheffield. It doesn't seem to me a responsible thing to do.
 
A couple of years ago - when my (also younger) wife was toying with ideas of a fourth - I looked at it from the point of view that I'd be eligible for state pension by the time my child was mid-teens and at the height of awareness, fitness etc.
 
I'm giving away no secrets but plainly 'er indoors is not 40 years my junior. At 32 or thereabouts, Bella Stringfellow need have no worries about chasing toddlers in her bathchair.
 
But what about her old man? Will he - at 88 years old - be on any level with his 16 year old daughter?

No comments: