Wednesday 18 April 2012

April showers


One of my staff arrived at the office grumbling humorously about the weather.

In answer to my protest that the sun was shining brightly, her justification was the unpredictability of it all.

As I then explained, we’re in that traditional season of perfect propagation weather - alternating sunshine and rain.

What I find remarkable is that it’s in the right place this year. 

In recent past years it has been all over the place - two months early, two months late.  I’m all for innovation but some things in life that we have to plan ahead depend on being able to take a reasonably good stab at knowing what the weather will be like.

So, is it all back to “normal”?  If so, why?

I suggested this morning that perhaps it’s because almost everything in the world is now being manufactured on the other side of the planet.  The upside of us having nothing to do here is that we are getting our weather straightened out again.

OK, I realize globalization isn’t quite that simple.  Still, I‘m looking forward to the time that my best friend comes scuttling back from the Far East with the explanation that the climate here is so much better...

No comments: